AED Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and answers below are directly borrowed from the American Heart Association website. We recommend viewing their site for continued information regarding AED education.
• Persons that acquire an AED notify the local EMS office.
• A licensed physician or medical authority provides medical oversight to ensure quality control.
• Persons responsible for using the AED are trained in CPR and how to use an AED.
Persons responsible for using the AED are trained in CPR and how to use an AED.
• Training of all users in CPR and operation of an AED (this can be achieved through the AHA's Heartsaver AED Course).
• Physician oversight to ensure appropriate maintenance and use of the AED.
• Notifying local EMS of the type and location of AED(s).